Annual Bloody Words Light Mystery Award
aka THE BONY BLITHE
- What it is:
- The Bloody Words Light Mystery Award is an annual juried literary prize for a “book that makes us smile.” The book can be a print or an e-book, submitted by the publisher or the author, published in the previous year. The award is open to books published between January 1 and December 31, 2017. Self-published books are included. All novels must be a minimum of 60,000 words. The author must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada. No YA or noir.
- The prize:
- A cheque for $1000 plus a suitably magnificent award:
- “Light mysteries” include everything from laugh-out-loud, to gentle humour, to good old fashioned stories with little violence or gore.
- Submission Procedure:
- Send four (4) copies of your print book, or your e-book, any time up to December 15, 2017, to:
- Bony Blithe, c/o Caro Soles, 12 Roundwood Court, Toronto, ON, M1W 1Z2
- If your book is not out by December 15, 2017, send the ARC.
- The short list will be announced March, 2018.
The award will be announced at the Bony Blithe Mini-Con in Toronto in May, 2018.
Details to follow.
- SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN
- For more info, please email BW-AWARD@bloodywords.com
- The official Bony Blithe Page will be updated…eventually!
- updated: August 2017